24 Jun Notes about the planning process
- The Parish Council are a consultee of all planning applications received by Swindon Borough Council within the area of Wroughton, if members of the public have comments that they wish to submit in relation to a specific planning application then please report this directly via the SBC portal https://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess
- Whilst the Parish Council does not have the power to determine applications and corresponding decisions, it will use its local knowledge on each application before responding to Swindon Borough Council.
- Wroughton Parish Councils Planning & Highways Committee ordinarily meet fortnightly to discuss planning applications, there is a public session at the beginning inviting members of the public to share their views and concerns.
- With regards to the larger planning applications, in particular new developments which are beginning to come through, then the Parish Council will circulate publicly any comments after discussions have taken place with the P&H committee.
- Members of the public are welcome to share any comments that they submit to SBC with the Parish Council by emailing email@example.com
- WPC will keep the public updated on any local planning applications on the News and Events page on the Parish Council website