21 Feb MAUNSELL WAY RECREATION GROUND WROUGHTON PUMP TRACK – FLOOD LIGHT PROPOSAL
February 2019 Update
We understand there may be concerns surrounding new lighting in a public space, BMX Wroughton
have endeavoured to answer concerns as follows:
● After reviewing the flood light application with Wroughton Parish Council, BMX Wroughton
have now submitted the planning application to Swindon Borough Council.
● BMX Wroughton have paid for the planning application and the club will raise the funds
required to install the flood lights.
● Curfew for the lights has been proposed at 9.30pm. This is subject to agreement with the
Planning Officer and will be reviewed by WPC and reduced if required.
● The lighting scheme has been designed to produce minimal light pollution. It is proposed the
lights will not be on the whole time it is dark, but users will be able to activate them for short
periods (e.g. 30 minutes) by the use of a push button. The button will not activate after the
curfew agreed by the planning officers.
● The intention of the floodlighting is to make the track available to use during the same hours
all year long (weather permitting).
If you have any further comments or queries, please email BMX Wroughton or Wroughton Parish